Frequently Asked Questions
Here are five top reasons why you should consider using a travel advisor.
- They can save you money. They know the tricks of the trade and keep abreast of changing nuances. Believe it or not, most of the time they beat internet prices on best deals.
- They can get you out of trouble. Ever been stranded in an airport during a snowstorm? Re-routed to another city? Left scrambling after a cancelled flight? A travel agent is like your own personal on-the- road concierge available to help you out when you need it. That's a lot of hassle avoidance and a little peace of mind knowing that someone has your back.
- They unclutter the vast universe of choices. People don't go to a travel advisor to get more information. Information is ubiquitous; there's an overload. They go to get clarity. A travel advisor will ask the right questions and team up with you to plan the best trip.
- You can use their global expertise and connections. Travel advisors are well travelled and most have firsthand experience with popular destinations across the globe.
- They'll develop your dream plan. The best advisors get to know you well. They become specialists in you. They find out what you liked and didn't like on your last trip. They ask questions.
The purpose of your intended travel and other facts will determine what type of visa is required under immigration law. As a visa applicant, you will need to establish that you meet all requirements to receive the category of visa for which you are applying.
While we do include information in our Trip Notes about visa requirements, we always recommend that passengers check with their local embassy as visa rules can change without warning. Embassy websites in your home country will always have information about requirements, visa costs and will provide the required forms.
Travel insurance is not compulsory for travel through MLM Travel, however is it strongly recommended. Most packages tours, as well as the majority of embassies now require you to have comprehensive travel insurance in place before travelling.
MLM Travel can assist with most visa applications. At worst we are able to assist with checking all your information and on occasion applying online on your behalf. A fee is charged for this service.
Validity refers to the amount of time before a travel document expires. Duration refers to the maximum stay in a country that is permitted on a visa. A Brazilian multiple entry visa may have a validity of five years, however, the maximum duration of stay at any one time is 90 days.
According to the Passport Index, which shows the world's most and least powerful passports based on visa-free or visa-on- arrival access afforded to passport-holders, South Africans can access the following countries with a visa-on- arrival: Armenia, Bolivia, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Comoros, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Madagascar, Maldives (not needed for short stay of up to 30 days), Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius (not needed for short stay of up to 30 days), Micronesia, Nepal, Oman, Palau, Rwanda, Samoa, Seychelles (not needed for short stay of up to 30 days), Sri Lanka (or electronic visa), Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Togo, Turkey, Tuvalu and Uganda. This is subject to change and you should check prior to travel.
Medical and vaccination requirements differ between nations and as we are not medical practitioners, we unfortunately cannot advise on this issue. Please see your local GP or travel doctor for details and advice about current vaccination requirements.
We recommend having access to money from a variety of sources – cash, cards and travel money cards are all commonly used.
May-Dec. The peak times (Christmas and Aug) are more busy and expensive. Summer (Nov-Apr) is hot and humid with the possibility of cyclones during Nov-May. Winter (May-Nov) is warm and dry. Most rainfall occurs in summer but there is some rain throughout the year. The best time for diving is Dec-Mar.
Nov-Apr. The peak tourist time (Oct-Mar) is more expensive and crowded. Phuket can be visited during low-season times but the weather is not ideal. Summer (Mar-May) is hot. The monsoon season is Jun-Oct. Winter (Nov-Feb) is coolest with little rainfall.
Jun-Oct. The monsoon season is Apr-May and there is a short rainy season during Nov-Dec. Jun-Oct is cooler and drier.